KEEPING OUR PERSPECTIVE

KEEPING OUR PERSPECTIVE
Family Reunion by Laverne Ross

Monday, November 19, 2007

IN DEFENCE OF BLACK FEMALES: JOIN THE DUNBAR VILLAGE BLOG

Well here I am refreshed from the weekend and ready to take on many things. I have not one, not two, but three papers due to my professor for my Doctorate class this thursday. Of course I will be working feverishly to complete them before Thanksgiving. Nothing is getting in my way of my turkey and football games.

Now on to the topic at hand: I urge everyone in the blogsphere to join the newly created blog Dunbar Village. I was alerted to this by Symphony at Essential Pressence over the weekend after the unfortunate news that a fifteen year old girl who knows the Dunbar Victim and her son was herself raped exactly one month later on July 18th. This happened as she was walking to the store to buy some salt and was drug into some bushes by another group of beasts and raped at knifepoint. This horrifying act occured at around 11:00 during the day! Needless to say that the purpose of creating the blog is to gather ideas from different people in the purpose of finding help for this 15 year old known as "R" in addition to helping the Dunbar victim and her son.

To me this is a sign that we as a people must act! We must strategize amongst each other and form plans and then put these plans in action. One way that we can do this is to join the Dunbar Village blog. I am going to do so today and I urge all of you to follow. More on this to come.

Mr. Shadow signing off.

No comments: