KEEPING OUR PERSPECTIVE

KEEPING OUR PERSPECTIVE
Family Reunion by Laverne Ross

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

DUNBAR VILLAGE: ONE YEAR LATER PART 2

Well here it is, the one year remembrance of an act so horrifying, so evil that it shakes your faith in humanity. One year ago on this day, a single Black mother and her young son were visciously violated by 10 beasts that happen to be in the guise of Black males. These "males" were between the ages of 14-18 years old. If you have seen the side features on this blog you will notice that Dunbar is under the heading of "Eternal Spotlight" and that is where it will remain for the forseeable future. This atrocity led me to become a blogger and has truly opened my eyes to the violence that Black women and Black girls are subjected to by Black males. So this has become a crusade for me and a story that I will not be letting go of. Ever.

In future posts I will be commenting on the response or lack of to the Dunbar incident. What has and has not been done in the West Palm Beach area will be focused on. Also I will comment on the other related crimes that have been committed against Black women and Black girls and continue to occur. I will be contacting various organizations making them aware of what happened and to get them to do something as well. I will also send out a notice to my fellow bloggers about this too. We must not forget what happened one year ago.

My prayers go out to the victim and her son as they continue to recover from this act of evil.

2 comments:

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hello,

It is just devasting to think that ONE YEAR later....the entire crew that raped her was not caught...and that case is now FROZEN COLD...the police are not even focused on it.

It is painful to think that adolescents have reached THIS level of hatred for women and they aren't even out of high school!!!

{shaking my head}
Lisa

Kristin said...

I remember this story I still remember the feeling of disbelief and angry. Savagery like this is revolting! What switch is flipped to turn man into beast?