KEEPING OUR PERSPECTIVE

KEEPING OUR PERSPECTIVE
Family Reunion by Laverne Ross

Friday, May 23, 2008

MR. SHADOW'S THOUGHTS FOR THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND


Well my fellow bloggers, another holiday is upon us and I think it is the perfect time to introduce a new feature to this blog which are basically my thoughts going into the weekend.

First up in Mr. Shadow's Universe of thoughts:
I am very proud of my State of California in light of the state Supreme Court's landmark decision last week to overturn the state's ban on gay marriage. It was a narrow victory, a 4-3 decision in fact but this does not diminish this important moment in history. I applaud the judges who voted in favor of people having the basic human and God given right to love and marry whomever they want to. I know the religious fanatics, phonies and opportunists are gathering to put a ballot measure in the election to limit marriage to being between a man and a woman but it won't work. Just what do these "holy"people think they are doing by these outlandish things? Oh that's right they are doing it for God. As if the Creator of the Universe needs them to do anything for him/her.

The picture you see is a Black lesbian couple, Tanya and Karen posing with my Sista Jasmine Cannick. (In the middle) This loving couple can now get legally married and receive the legal benefits that all married couples should have.

I am also proud of Brother Danny Bakewell and his editorial staff at the L.A. Sentinel who featured the couple in this week's edition as a front page article.

Jasmine has some excellent posts over at her blog on this subject as well.

Yes I am proud of my state of California.


********** UPDATE**********
As proud as I am about my state, unfortunately we still have a ways to go for many of my fellow Californians to accept Gay Marriage. On the bright side the gap between those who disapprove of Gay marriage has narrowed according to an L.A. Times poll. Read more about this here.

No comments: