KEEPING OUR PERSPECTIVE

KEEPING OUR PERSPECTIVE
Family Reunion by Laverne Ross

Thursday, January 24, 2008

HAVE YOU HEARD OF CHIOMA GRAY? DO YOU KNOW SHE IS MISSING?






I was browsing over at WOAD and came upon a report by a Sista named Deidra who was giving the news of the disapearance of this young Black girl that is becoming too common. The fact that I did not hear of this upsets me greatly, the fact that this girl lives in California upset me further and I went and found out more of this case.



The first picture is of 15 year Chioma Gray who went missing from Ventura, California on December 13, 2007. She was kidnapped by the person on the right Andrew Tafoya. The day after Chioma went missing, a federal arrest was issued for Tafoya's arrest.



I have contacted Deidra and pledged my support for her efforts to put a spotlight on this and other Black girls and young women who have gone missing. I have put up a link to her site

Black and Missing But Not Forgotten and I am going to send this story to as many publications and media outlets that I can. I am tired of our females going missing and not getting any attention. I will also start posting others who have gone missing on a regular basis.

No comments: