I just can't muster any excitement about the Olympics in Bejing. Why is that? Well it could be because the country who is hosting it has a reputation for being a totaltarian regime. Or because the majority of its people live in abject poverty and many work in slave like conditions.
Other facts against these Olympics:
- The country is severly polluted
- Opposing views are squashed and violently put down (Remember Tiannemen Square)
- They have engaged in a decades long violent occupation of Tibet
- The Chinese government have banned the Dalai Lama from the games.
- Considering the fact that millions of jobs have been lost in America due to work being exported to China and the fact that we are in debt to them for almost a trillion dollars, why are we there. Since Bush just went through the performance of kissing the a** of the Chinese, there is your answer.
Oh and China is a full investor of the genocidal government of Darfur in the Sudan.
This isn't to take away from all of the American and other athletes and the hard work that put them there. I wish them well. However, I just won't be watching it.